- You must be a member in good standing of the North East Texas Credit Union as a named owner of a share savings account. If you are not a member, but would like to join, please visit one of the branch locations listed on the Contact Us Page. (**NOTE: The student must have their OWN account in their name or be a joint owner on a parent account.)
- You must be a graduating high school senior in the semester the award is being presented. (Spring 2018 for the current award)
- To receive the award, you must be accepted for the upcoming Fall semester to attend an accredited college, university, vocational, or technical school within the United States as a full-time undergraduate student (12 semester hours) no later than Aug. 1st. Award will be sent to admissions office once proof of acceptance and enrollment is presented by the award winner.
- You must have a current cumulative grade point average (high school) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Please provide the following documentation to apply:
- Completed APPLICATION FORM.pdf
- Separate, concise RESUME of your extracurricular activities, accomplishments, and community volunteer activities
- Two letters of recommendation from two adults (teacher, counselor, coach, employer, etc.) to whom you are not related by birth or marriage
- Current copy of transcript showing cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- An original ESSAY of approximately 500 words (2 double spaced, typed pages equal about 500 words) exploring the theme below
- Return all portions of the completed application via mail to the address on the application or drop off at any Credit Union Office by the Application Deadline announced each January.
Your original, 500 word essay should explore the theme chosen each year and announced in the application packet.