Fresh Start Checking
Fresh Start Checking accounts are designed for those members with a less than perfect history who need a fresh start to build a positive relationship with their financial institution. We want to help you get back on your feet and on the right track with a fresh start today.
- Minimum opening deposit is $100
- A $50 pledge balance must remain in the account at all times
- $10/month service fee
- Debit Cards are available with an additional $5/month fee.*
- Completing a 3 part financial counseling program will eliminate the debit card fee.**
- No Overdraft Protection available
- After all fresh start requirements are met, member may apply for a standard checking account***
- Online Banking
- Online Bill Pay
*If member has 3 (or more) NSF’s on any business day, the debit card will be automatically captured and canceled. After 6 months of good checking history, the member may re-apply for the debit card.
**Financial Counseling sessions are individual and confidential. It is the member’s responsibility to schedule and attend sessions to earn the discount on debit card fees. Member is eligible for this discount after 5 months.
*** To find out more about complete Fresh Start Requirements and to learn when you qualify for a new account type, please see your local member service representative.